Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Almost Done with Session One!

Can I write a blog post in 11 minutes? We shall see.

So we're almost done with the first session of camp, and it has been unforgettable in many ways! I'm having a wonderful time, and I'm doing very well. here is an idea of what a typical day looks like for me!

6am: GOOD MORNING!
7:15: Breakfast
8-9:30: Symphony Band rehearsal assisting (Lots of supervising, a little bit of giving permission for bathroom breaks, and the occasional music/instrument repair paperwork. Also teaching experience! Tomorrow I will lead my first ever band warm up!)
9:30-noon: Free time or In-Unit time. In-unit means being in the unit to answer the phone, push the laundry, and answer the questions of campers who aren't in class.
12:15: LUNCH.
1-2: Vocal Ensemble or Staff Choir rehearsal
2-4: Free time or In-unit
4-5: Rec Hour! Different assignment every day. Lots of supervising... aka camper stalking. it's fine.
5:15:Dinner
6-7:30: Hanging with Campers in the unit!
7:30-8:30: Concerts or Performances
9:30ish: LIGHTS OUT

Memorable moments include: Teaching a private voice lesson to a Horn major, Receiving my first private voice lesson from a female teacher, Recording "Les Filles de Cadix" for the staff solo competish, writing letters, memorizing Scripture while patrolling the woods, the chipmunk that lives under the pavilion where my band rehearses, Learning to live "unplugged," and So much more.

My girls are mostly rising HS freshmen, and they're bundles of energy, insecurity, boy craziness, and preciousness. Cabin life hasn't been without its hiccups, but I like my campers and with about 4 days left in the session, they appear to still like me!

I love and miss you all back home! I love pen pals, I have cute stationery, and if you send me your address I'll write the first letter. :)



Finished with one minute to spare.

1 comment: