Sunday, June 19, 2011

Airplane Adventures!

I thought that I would go ahead and post tonight because I honestly don't know what the next week holds, and there are lots of things I have to say about my experience getting from VA to MI!
5am: Departure from home to Norfolk International Airport
7am: Flight from Norfolk to Chicago
8:30... 7:30...? MUCH confusion about the time change, but no confusion finding the next gate.
shortly after that: Still confused about what time it is... but enjoying a Starbucks breakfast and seriously considering purchasing a small teddy wearing a Chicago Tshirt.
10am: Sitting at the gate waiting for my next flight.
11:19am: NOT on a flight. Sadly waiting for the delayed flight.
12pm: Flight from Chicago to Grand Rapids
2:30pm: Safe and sound and in the car with Kris.

Memorable Moments:


  • My seven-year-old seat partner giggling uncontrollably during takeoff from Norfolk.

  • Checking my carry-on plane side... Dad was right. It was too big both times.

  • Seeing no fewer than four dogs traveling by plane! One of whom was a small fluffy dog dragging along a small, (too) skinny, (too) tan, middle-aged woman wearing four-inch platform heels.

  • Two brothers arguing loudly for twenty minutes about stats and tactics for some online game. Perhaps WoW or Runescape?

  • Meeting the beautiful Birkholz children

  • Snuggling with Owen while the girls got ready for bed.

  • Watching "Country Strong" with Kris.... Kaye.... why did you tell me that was a good movie?!?

Looking forward to starting Orientation tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I like country people and music... I told you it was totally inappropriate, and sad! I think that's a pretty good description... But whatever, I'm mad at you! You don't text me back. So, poo on you!

    I am totally jealous that you got to spend time with them! Super amounts of jealous... really though.

    be good. have fun.

    ReplyDelete